- The Dutch Association of Healthcare Providers for People with Disabilities (VGN) is the professional disability care providers inter-branch organisation.
- The VGN represents the sector in public debate. The starting point being the vision and values that are shared across this board within the association.
- The VGN promotes the presence of conditions which enable the organisations involved to provide responsible care and support. They do this primarily through dialogue with social parties and other relevant stakeholders, and by facilitating and supporting their members with content of care, being an employer and financing.
The following vision forms the underlying basis of this mission.
- Professional care for people with a disability is a great and precious thing. Through the socialisation of care (as a result of changing views with regards to the position of people with a disability in our community) and the modified context in which care providers operate, the requirements that the members of VGN must meet have been fundamentally changed;
- What is important for the adequate support of the members is a strong inter-branch organisation with a professional agency that performs decisively in a quickly changing environment; an organisation that unites the members and contributes to the relationship between the sector and the community.
- The sector stands for:
- advancing the emancipation and participation in the community of citizens with a disability;
- accessible good and professional care at an acceptable cost for every citizen with a disability;
- offering an attractive work environment for employees; o good management;
- collaboration and partnership (e.g. with client organisations)
- Core values are: trust, concern, professionalism and care that meet the demands of the clients (and parents) and is aimed at a life that is as full as possible and of a good quality.